A Hypnosis Program to Promote Healing
Healing from clinical procedures and surgery is a cooperative effort between you and your surgeon. However, responsibility for successful and rapid healing lies within you. There is a mind-body connection that we often neglect to consider when preparing for surgery. We believe that all we need do is follow the surgeon’s prescriptions, after the fact, and we will always be healed. This may or may not be the case. In fact, the physician, as a qualified expert attuned to your needs, is a primary participant, along with you, in the healing process.
You may believe that healing is an easy physiological process for many, and it is. But there is another component to healing, which is the mind-body connection, where your body responds to what the mind is telling it to do. For example, your body knows how to heal naturally. Think of when you get a cut on your finger or a scrape on your knee, and you are bleeding. The wound will close up with a little pressure and heal on its own, many times without stiches.
But did you ever think about the healing process itself and how it will be facilitated or hindered by what the mind is telling the body and what you are thinking and feeling at the time? Have you ever heard of cases where the surgeon believes that patients should have healed, but for some unknown reason, they have not? Or, in contrast, the patient healed much faster from the surgery than expected?
This is because there is a mind- body connection, and some experts claim that the only way to separate the mind from the body is by guillotine!
By the late 19th century and early 20th century, psychiatrists, in the burgeoning field of mental health, began to explore the mind and body as one. Today, there has been much research in the field of Psychoneuroimmunology that provides evidence that the mind-body duo is powerful, and learning how to use it to your advantage can promote healing and assist you on your way to a healthy pregnancy.
Prescription for Healing
At The Summit Center for Ideal Performance, you can learn how to access the extraordinary power of your mind, to visualize the results you desire. Of course, the program, Operation Heal can be used for any surgical procedure or to improve any health issue. But can you imagine NOW how quick healing from endometriosis surgery and opening up of blocked fallopian tubes could give you a boost to your physical and emotional wellbeing and health, as you prepare for pregnancy?
Who are Prime Candidates for Operation Heal?
- Have an upcoming operation or surgical procedure scheduled
- Feel anxiety and nervousness just thinking about it
- Have a fear of needles and anesthesia
- Are scared about the outcome of the surgery
- Have had negative experiences with surgery in the past and think it will happen again
- Lack faith and confidence that the body will heal naturally and completely
- Who seek new avenues of healing holistically in mind, body, and spirit
- Want to participate with the surgeon to promote rapid healing
- Wish to feel relaxed and at ease before, during, and after the surgery or procedure
You can work with your personal performance coach, Dr. Christine Silverstein, to prepare physically and psychologically for surgery and procedures. It is easy to connect with your own body’s natural healing power, when you know how to mentally prepare to relax through the experience of building your family.
Focus On Fertility
By maintaining a fertility-focused positive mental attitude pre-operatively, during the surgery, and post-operatively, you will improve the time it takes to recover.
Here are some of the basic components of this proven program that you will learn:
- Goal setting for health that suits your specific needs
- Pre-op mental rehearsal to set the stage
- Imagery and Visualization to see yourself healed
- Positive self-talk for healing that supports you through from beginning to end
- Self-hypnosis through the perioperative process and afterwards
- Control of physical comfort levels
- Relaxation techniques for mindful toughness
- How to become confident winners
These simple, easy-to-learn-skills are already within you and can be released for your benefit through hypnosis. Please go to the Why Hypnosis? page to learn how to tap into your natural resources.